Ask anyone who works in retail, and you’re bound to get a few that will tell you the worst thing about the job is the customers. While the saying goes “the customer’s always right,” we know that’s not really true, and oftentimes they can be rude just so they get what they want.
Nobody wants to lose their job because they confronted a rude customer, so some folks in retail have found some pretty unique ways to get their revenge behind customers’ backs, and thanks to a new thread on the anonymous Whisper app, we now know a few of them.
Ways employees get back at rude customers include:
- “I work in a pet store, sometimes I tell rude customers that they can eat dog treats because they are organic. They’re not.”
- “When I get a rude customer I’ll find the dirtiest coin in the till to give them for change.”
- “I work in retail and if you are a rude customer, I don’t care if I’m the only cashier, I’ll say I’m closed.”
- “I work in a deli. If you’re being a rude customer I’ll write “a**hole” in mustard while making your sandwich.”
- “I work at a Subway, if I get a rude customer I give them the hardest bread I can find in the cabinet.”
- “I work retail and when I get a really rude customer who demands I look for items in the back, I just go back and sit for a few minutes and tell them we don’t have it. No regrets.”
- “When I get a rude customer I make their coffee super hot so it burns their mouth.”
- “I’m a valet and if I deal with a rude customer I fart in their car.”
- “When I get a rude customer I’m always sure to squish their grapes, crush ther cheese or shove their bread in the bottom of the bag.”
- “If a customer is rude to me I demagnetize their credit card with a magnet I keep at my register.”
- “I work in retail and sometimes when a rude customer asks for a manager I just say that I am a manager”