Bark in the Park 2022 Saturday at Firestone Park
Mix 989's Gary Rivers hosted MaryAnn Green, with the Bark in the Park event in Columbiana. Mary Ann invited pet owners to come out to the event and learn about the plans for a dog park, as well as meet other pet owners and pet-friendly businesses. Details about the event are below.
Restoration and Beautification Committee of Columbiana’s (R&B) Firestone Dog Park Committee will host Bark in the Park 2022 a Firestone Dog Park event features pet-friendly vendors, adoptions, trick demos, prizes and more:
· 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Pet-friendly vendors:
o Timelessly Yours Jewelry
o Whispering Hope Workshop
· Visit with Columbiana Police Department’s K-9 Unit
· Meet Miss Tallawanda’s Outstanding Teen Piper Lambert (bio available upon request)
· 11:30 a.m. Pet trick demo (tricks for treats)
· 12:30 p.m. Pet costume contest with prizes
· 1:30 p.m. Pet trick demo (tricks for treats)
Special thanks to Bath to Bows, Bo’s Pet Shoppe, Camelot Canine and Mary Ann’s Homemade Chocolates for their support of Bark in the Park 2022.
Little Clipper Field, Harvey S. Firestone Recreational Park, Columbiana OH 44408
Saturday, April 30, 2022
11 am – 2 pm
The Firestone Dog Park is part of ongoing efforts by the Restoration and Beautification Committee of Columbiana to enhance the outdoor experience of Columbiana’s residents and visitors alike. Named after entrepreneur and Columbiana-native Harvey S. Firestone, the community dog park will include:
· 1.75-acre fenced area strategically located near the existing Walking Trail in historic Harvey S. Firestone Recreational Park
· Natural setting with shade trees and space to run free
· Double gates for safety
· Separate runs for small and large dogs
· Water stations, park benches and dog depots/waste stations
For more information on R&B, please visit RestoreColumbiana.com. To learn more about Bark in the Park 2022, please call 234.567.6767.
The Firestone Dog Park is a campaign of the Restoration & Beautification Committee of Columbiana, a 503(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization focused on restoring the beauty and history of Columbiana, OH. The charity directs capital projects funded by a combination of community sponsors, private donations and government grants. To learn more or make a donation, please call 330.482.9166, or visit RestoreColumbiana.com.